title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I need help with my db Music converter settings I cannot email my converted songs out

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stacyjennh
    • May 2004

I need help with my db Music converter settings I cannot email my converted songs out

The songs seem to be still too big to email out
    I need to know an appropriate setting for my Music converter so I can convert a MP3 to a wave and attach it to my emails in my Incredimail Program
    The email is soooo big it stays in the outbox and never gets out
    PLEASE HELP!!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: I need help with my db Music converter settings I cannot email my converted songs out

Are you serious? A wav is very much larger than the mp3 file. The wav file corresponding to your average mp3 file that has been encoded at 128kbps is 11 times larger.

Even the mp3 file will be too big, depending on the bit rate used. At 128kbps, a 3 minute mp3 is about 3MB, which is larger than hotmail or yahoo accounts can accept and larger than many other email service providers will handle. The corresponding wav file will be over 30MB!

You may want to revise WHY you need to email the wav file.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: I need help with my db Music converter settings I cannot email my converted songs out

Or install the Lame ACM Mp3 codec, it will give a wave 'Layer 3' encoding option, which will create wave files the same size as mp3s.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
        Or install the Lame ACM Mp3 codec, it will give a wave 'Layer 3' encoding option, which will create wave files the same size as mp3s.
        Ok, I'll admit I've never heard of such an animal. What kind of player will play that? Is there no loss of fidelity due to compression? Can that be read correctly by a program that is supposed to only handle wav files (i.e. music recording programs like Cakewalk or Record Producer or ProTools)?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If they also have a mp3 wave acm codec installed anything should play it.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>