title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable To Run Encoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dummie

Unable To Run Encoder

I get this message "unable to run encoder" when trying to rip songs from a CD to the Quick Time .mp4a (CLI) or the .aac (CLI) formats.

I have uninstalled and re-installed these codecs twice.

Ripping to the Test Conversion (No Write), .mp3 (lame) and .ogg codecs all work fine.

What going on?

Thanks,
    Dummie
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable To Run Encoder

I think the iTunes codec has a hard codec path to quicktime, try editing the config file (compression\iTunes (cli)\)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tflood
      • Jul 2004

Spoonman
      When I try and rip songs to iTunes M4a from a CD, the encoder seems to start ok then part way through, I get
      Unable to run encoder ''
      The files names of the songs have been created, but there is no content to them.
      The codec, by the way, is installed to the default location as is all my Db stuff.
      I have itunes 4.9. Also i checked the other threads about this, and there is some path problem that the encoder points to... well i looked at the path in the Options.txt file (C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\m4a (iTunes))
      and it points to <Program Files>\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\m4a (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe

any ideas mon?

tom

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

><Program Files>\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\m4a (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe

Change it to:

c:\program files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\m4a (iTunes)\iTunesEncode.exe

also select start >> run and paste that line into the run box, click ok, if windows cannot find it you will get a message.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tflood
          • Jul 2004

Yes Spoon! it works. nice
          thanks a lot

Comment

Working...

]]>