title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

help converting .ram to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve18
    • Apr 2004

help converting .ram to mp3

I was trying to convert this file "http://www.maverick.com/michellebranch/med/hotelpaper/michellebranch_till-i-get-over-you_radio-vers_100.ram" from .ram to mp3 but it only comes out as 1.22kb :(.

I'm new to this so I dunno what I'm doing wrong.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: help converting .ram to mp3

your not doing anything wrong. this is where that file is being streamed from: rtsp://rm.maverick.com/michellebranch/hotelpaper/michellebranch_till-i-get-over-you_radio-vers_100.ra

i think the rtsp means it is being streamed from a secure server.

anyhow just fire up "auxiliary input" to record the live stream. i just did it myself and works perfect aux input here

i am just geting the rest of her tracks they put on that web site using macromedia streaming i think. ah.... got to love aux input
    Last edited by Spoons; April 25, 2004, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• steve18
      • Apr 2004

Oooh that's awesome it worked. The only problem I have is that the song ended up being very scratchy... Is there any way to prevent that?

Thanks again for your help. :D

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

9 times out of ten the scratchyness will be due to the recording level and other interference.

in my case i choose audio properties (my sound card is crystal fusion in a laptop), the i choose recording and then it shows me the volume controls for cd olayer , aux, mic, etc... . for me i choose "stereo mix". and put a tick in that box.

also check options and properties whilst in that screen to see what else is there to choose.

i think maybe you had mic recording by default? check it anyway. and for me on win98se when i reboot, those settings often revert back to default mic setting for recording. so i always check the setup before starting again.

when you have shosen the right recorder do a test in aux input by clicking on the test record option. and make sure the volume level does not go over half way. this will prevent reverb/scratchy effecgts and allow you to crank up the volume without distortion on playback.

let me know how you go.

Comment

• steve18
          • Apr 2004

Hmm my audio properties some how got uninstalled. So I can't change the levels around. I will have to fix this stuff first. But I'm pretty sure the volume is too loud, because on the meter when it's recording it goes into the red right away.

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

are you running win98se? that happens to me sometimes my audio properties just dissapears. a reboot and it all comes back usually though.

but yes in the red over halfway will result in static/scratchies.

Comment

• steve18
              • Apr 2004

Nope I have Windows XP Pro... I hate it. It says I just have to extract "sndvol32.exe" from the cd. My computer didn't come with the cd, it was all preloaded so that's messed up. haha

I will have to figure this out.

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

i think you can click start-->run--> and put that command in the run box sndvol32.exe

a bit more info for xp here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156
                Last edited by Spoons; April 26, 2004, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• steve18
                  • Apr 2004

Thanks that fixed the problem. :smile2: I'll try messing around with that so the song isn't scratchy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much !!

Comment

• Razgo
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

phew!, no worries, glad to help out.

Comment

• steve18
                      • Apr 2004

Oh and I also got the song to record without the scratchy sounds. :D You're awesome for helping me out.

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

hey no worries steve18, we are a friendly mob around here. so don't hesitate to ask for help when needed.

Comment

Working...

]]>