title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

audio cassette to mp3 using aux input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mailman
    • Apr 2004

audio cassette to mp3 using aux input

Using Aux. Input I have connected my audio cassette player from the headphone jack to the mic on my pc (PIII 650). The volume is still showing low even with the red on full and the mic volume at max. The mp3 I create plays and all that is heard is a low buzzing sound. Any tips? Thanks!
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: audio cassette to mp3 using aux input

Does your PC have a line-in as well as the mic? I had this problem when I incorrectly used the microphone input. Using the line-in should result in clearer sound.

Wayne

Comment

• mailman
      • Apr 2004

Yes, thanks. I tried this and the volume comes way up, but the mp3 is now a louder buzzing sound. Any thoughts...

Comment

• ferris209
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2003

What kind of buzzing? Steady and constant or just recurring when the music gets loud? If it is steady and recurring you may ought to check your wires and make sure there ain't a small short in it anywhere. Buzzing on the loud parts of the songs could be attributed to too much volume going into the computer from the cassette player. You may have to work with all the volume controls on the device and your computer to get it just right though.

Brandon

Comment

• ferris209
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2003

Also if you have any flourescent lights in the room with your computer that could cause interference. Other things could cause interference also, large backup battery packs, stuff like that.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

Another cause for buzzing is where the PC and Cassette player are not earthed properly (or to the same level). How is the cassette player powered? Mains or battery?

Wayne

Comment

• mailman
              • Apr 2004

OK, I have now changed my wires and tried another player. The 1st was battery powered and the 2nd is plugged to a power outlet. The result is the same. The mp3 playback noise is perhaps more like a fuzzy background sound with an intermitent beep. Any other possible fixes?

Comment

• mailman
                • Apr 2004

Problem Solved!! Both cables I was using were bad. A new cable did the trick. Thanks to everyone for there input!!!

Comment

• ferris209
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2003

Great! No Problem, bad wires seem to be the culprit in 92.5% of my problems.

Comment

Working...

]]>