title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMAa won't convert :cry:

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefdug
    • Apr 2004

WMAa won't convert :cry:

I purchased some songs from Walmart.com. I burned them to a CD and have downloaded dBpowerAMP Music Converter also the codec for MWA's. When I try and convert there is an error, ".wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode"
    I thought if I ripped to cd and than tried to convert it would be all right?
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: WMAa won't convert :cry:

How did you burn the wma files to CD? You have to use them to create an Audio CD which you can then use Audio CD Input to rip the tracks (from the cd) as mp3.

Wayne

Comment

• Unregistered

I get the same error: The file 'G:\WMA\The_Eagles-Peaceful_Easy_Feeling.wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

I downloaded this from Liquid Audio (accessed from the Tower Records site). They will play in Windows Media Player 9 but will not convert.

I downloaded the codecs and can convert TO .wma, just not from.

Could this be some kind of encryption added by Liquid Audio?
      Thanks

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Did you buy the track? If you did I assume that the wma has DRM active which will prevent you from sharing or converting the music.

Have you tried using Windows Media Player 9 to burn it to an Audio CD, which you can subsequentially rip as MP3s.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>