title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converter cores

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tw0sheds
    • Jul 2018

converter cores

Is it possible to limit the number of cores used when using converter?
    I can see you can reduce the number from (max) once it has started but that is too late as it always starts on max.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converter cores

DSP Effect 'Multi CPU Force'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tw0sheds
      • Jul 2018

Re: converter cores

cheers Spoon

Comment

• Treelady
        • Sep 2019

CONVERSELY, during multi-format conversions, dBPoweramp automatically cascades across cores. However, when converting, say ten files from PCM 24bit to PCM16 bit, it will only use one core. I have to force multiple cores each time in options. Now, do I need to force a number of cores for that conversion in it's configuration? If so, out of curiosity, why does that job not automatically use more than one core?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Include the effect DSP Effect 'Multi CPU Force' and have as many cores used as you wish, always.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Treelady
            • Sep 2019

As you suggested, Spoon. Adding Multi-CPU Force and stipulating, say 10 cores, worked.

However, when the Multi Encoder strings a series of conversions it seems to know how many cores are available. OR does it take one CPU Cor per conversion batch (if available), which gives the illusion of automatic core enlistment, but doesn't actually do what I suggested (automatically using free cores)?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

To use only free CPU time, you would have to set to 'Idle' priority, there is no such thing as a free core / used core on Windows.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>