title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.aac to .mp3,where's the minutes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

.aac to .mp3,where's the minutes?

I got a hold of some .aac files yesterday and someone directed me to dbpoweramp.I ran the conversion and everytime the files that convert to .mp3 are like 3k.I hover over the .aac files and the minutes of the song say "0:00".
    When I got the .aac files I found a winamp codec to play em and it weirded out on me too.A 2 minute song would play 1:17.Weird!!!!This morning I play em and winamp sees the minutes fine(normally).I went back to dbpoweramp and the same conversion size,3k.Can anyone tell me what's going on?Do I have the proper codec?
    I d'loaded this codec for.aac decoding: dbpoweramp_codec_mp4_aac_decode.exe

E
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: .aac to .mp3,where's the minutes?

What created the files? they might be mp4 files? (rather than raw aac), or they might have a nasty id3v2 tag right at the beginning.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: .aac to .mp3,where's the minutes?

It doesn't say.I didn't do the encoding.I don't believe they are mp4's.I thought the same thing and d'loaded the mp4 decoder and no dice.I tried and also thought that they might be apple's doing but I got a notion,why don't I copy/Paste the decoding plugin from my winamp into my CDEX app and see if that would work.I chose the choose compressed file to wav option and the .aac's just appeared with minutes in tact and everything.Bitrate was 126 or something like that.Sounds better than the mp3's I have.I rip't em to wav format and waa laa,it work't.Shocked me.

E

Comment

Working...

]]>