title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Requesting metadata support for DSD1024 files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vilsen
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2018

We've already heard the hypothesis behind hi-res / oversampling many times. You could be the first one to actually prove that you can hear an improvement - or even a difference - by performing an ABX test. Please take the challenge.

Comment

• Marco 007Yo
      • May 2024

Originally posted by vilsen
      We've already heard the hypothesis behind hi-res / oversampling many times. You could be the first one to actually prove that you can hear an improvement - or even a difference - by performing an ABX test. Please take the challenge.
      This test is not objective to the end, since the comparison takes place in the playback of music through the browser. On more technically advanced equipment and players, the difference between mp3 flac dsd is more clearly audible. I suggest you take another test, compare the sound on SACD vs CD vs HI RES vs MP3. On higher-quality and specialized equipment. Or take a player, turn on the usual FLAC on it with real-time oversampling options and evaluate the result.

Comment

• Marco 007Yo
        • May 2024

Everyone decides for himself what to listen to and how to listen. I don't think it's worth arguing about these topics. I just would like to get the DSD 2048/PCM 1536 option in Dbpoweramp like many other fans of this resolution. Anyway, there is a DSD 64-1024 option in it. There is just a proposal to increase it to 2048.

Comment

• Marco 007Yo
          • May 2024

It's just very convenient when there is high-quality software that is able to support any sound options. It doesn't matter if it's mp3 128 or DSD 1024+. That's why I prefer poweramp and love the diverse functionality.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Marco 007Yo
            This test is not objective to the end, since the comparison takes place in the playback of music through the browser.
            This is incorrect. One can easily do an ABX test using the exact same playback chain they use for regular music listening. But at this point we're talking past each other. Enjoy the music.

Comment

Working...

]]>