title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't Open ALAC? Really..?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ignatzzzz
    • Jul 2023

Can't Open ALAC? Really..?

Trying to convert some .m4a (Apple Lossless) to .AIFF, and I'm getting the message: "The document XXXX could not be opened. dBpoweramp Music Converter cannot open files in the “Apple MPEG-4 audio” format."

Is this really the case? I thought Apple Lossless support was added years ago... (dbpowerAMP 17.7, MacOS Ventura 13.5.1)
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Can't Open ALAC? Really..?

I just converted several albums of Apple Lossless files to FLAC with dbpoweramp converter. So something else is going on on your end. Typically these have file extensions of m4a, even though they are mpeg4 files.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

It seems "Open With" in Finder doesn't work properly with dBpoweramp, problem noted.

If you want to send files from Finder to dBpoweramp, use "Convert with dBpoweramp" under "Services", or drag to dBpoweramp launcher window.
      Opening ALAC files from dBpoweramp (either "Music Converter" or "Batch Converter") works too.

Comment

• ignatzzzz
        • Jul 2023

OK, thanks... will give that a try...

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Should be fixed in new build:
          Current version: 2023-10-04 [beta] https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-2023-10-04.dmg Main changes: New audio formats supported for decoding: TAK, SHN, AC3, DTS, SPX, MKA, WMA, VQF, MLP. CD-ISRC reading bug fix. libwebp security update. libFLAC 1.4.3 Monkey's Audio 10.23 Fixed Finder "Open With" interaction.

Comment

Working...

]]>