title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio CD Drive issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JahSun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2003

Audio CD Drive issues

Hey Spoon,

I've found that with Audio Cd input, If I go to the options page and mess with the advanced settings under cd drive, it erases all of my drives as choices. This sucks because not only do I have to uninstall and reinstall the DMC, but I have to erase the Illustrate registry in order for it to work again. (I did this 3 times in a row trying to figure out whats what)

I found the support message about ASPI, but I don't think that is the problem (although you never know with ASPI)... I have the Adaptec 4.712 ASPI installed. One of the ASPI checkers said I'm all good, but the one on your support page said that some older ASPI layers have replaced my newer ones etc. So I read further and found your advice to change to the 2000/NT limited setting, but of course messing with these settings is what causes the problem in the first place. I seem to remember being able to mess with these options on the Start menu's DMC Audio Input configuration without hassles, but now I'm afraid to *blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper* with it. Mostly I wanted to check the box dealing with cd text.

Anyhow, this validates the old adage of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I have no idea what the objective differences between the various MMC formats, NEC Read, Sony Read etc. I figured that since my burner, and better ripping drive is an NEC, I should use that, but the default settings have always worked for me so who cares, right?

Still, I thought you should know. The fact that it works when I reinstall DMC after wiping the registry suggests that the problem is in the program.

?
  • JahSun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2003

Re: Audio CD Drive issues

Note: I gathered up some courage, and modified the settings through the stand alone Start menu Audio CD configuration, and ....... no problemo! I switched to the 2000/NT built-in (limited) and it eliminated my CD text check box option entirely. I've reached my daily limit of pointless tweaking, so I'll leave it as is, but now I know that the problem surely lies in the in-program Options>>> CD Drive>>>> Advanced settings.

Is there a FAQ or a readme on the differences between the various options. I'm sure I'm not the only fool who sees buttons and options and becomes curious enough to press & tweak them. "Curiosity killed the cat, but Curious George is a Hero..."

J

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Audio CD Drive issues

For 99.99% of drives only MMC should be used, all the other options are for old CD drives.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>