title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leon McEntire
    • May 2023

Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

It's as simple as the title to this thread. My brand new installation of dBpoweramp Music Converter will not delete the album art as part of converting a file from mp3 to flac. It simply replaces whatever is there currently with the folder.jpg option. Any help fixing this would be much appreciated. My old version worked perfectly whereas the new version does not. I have tried all the options offered in this thread. "Best way to remove embedded album art" but to no avail.

Thank you,
    Leon McEntire
    Last edited by Leon McEntire; May 30, 2023, 12:32 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

Are you sure it is not your player which is taking the folder.jpg and showing it as art?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Leon McEntire
      • May 2023

Yes, I have the settings correct. Ever since I downloaded dBpoweramp, it seems that every music folder which contains flac files and a folder.jpg now displays every flac file as the folder.jpg even if I have not edited the ID tag.
      Originally posted by simbun
      That's strange as it worked for me with 'ID Tag Processing > Deletions > Single Tag: [Album Artwork]'.In the Manipulation tab, is 'Import From' set to the default '(none)'?

Comment

• Leon McEntire
        • May 2023

I'm not referring to a player. I'm simply viewing files within folders.

Comment

• Leon McEntire
          • May 2023

That is an excellent idea, Windows folder view settings could have been the culprit but I just tried checking and unchecking every box and it did not help. Got any other ways of changing folder views other than from the "view, options & view" tabs in the top left corner of the window? Also, in case it helps, when I access the ID tag to edit it, there is no Album Artwork at all showing so all I can do is add or change the current artwork, not tik the X to delete it.
          Last edited by Leon McEntire; May 30, 2023, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Leon McEntire
            • May 2023

Originally posted by simbun
            You could try WinSetView. I have no experience of it but it's on various forums with decent looking reviews.

If that's on one of the files where you've removed embedded album art, isn't that expected?
            Yes, it is but I see album art regardless of whether there is any art assigned in dBpoweramp. I have not given up. I am searching for a non dBpoweramp solution at the moment. Thank you for your suggestions!

Comment

• Leon McEntire
              • May 2023

Don't ever try using that WinSetView program. I tried it and now I'm having to go through all my harddrives and perform "Properties" "Customize" and "Restore Default" folder view in order to view any thumbnails. it says it is easily reversible and although it did perform some reversal functions, it left me much worse off than before.

Comment

• Leon McEntire
                • May 2023

Thanks for the advice. At this point, I'm just curious as to if there is a way to tell Windows 10 not to use Folder.jpg as a default thumbnail and to use an Icon instead. I know I can turn off all thumbnails and use Icons but that's not at all what I need to do. I just can't stand seeing the folder.jpg all over the screen as it makes it hard for me to read the names of the songs. I still want to use the Extra Large Thumbnail option but I want Icons of the program used to play back my music. I have had this option forever until I downloaded and installed dBpoweramp. I wish I could go back and get my money back since it does not perform the one task that I need the most at this point. Everything else, it seems to do perfectly but it will not delete my Album Art regardless of how I try to do it. Any help from you or anyone else would be very much appreciated!!!

Comment

• Leon McEntire
                  • May 2023

I'm sorry for appearing to move to another problem. I'm probably just not clearly expressing my problem in the correct language. I will try to say what my problem is to clear it up as it has not changed since the beginning. Ok, before I installed dBpoweramp, I was used to opening File Explorer to a folder of music and seeing my preferred view of Extra Large icons of the program used to open each particular file. Winamp for .flac and .mp3 files and Pot Player for .mp4 files. I like that and I have had that for the last couple of decades at least. Occasionally, I would encounter a folder which displayed thumbnails of folder.jpg instead of icons for .flac files. In which case, I would edit the ID Tag and remove them so I could resume my preferred view. After installing dBpoweramp, I immediately noticed that every folder containing .flac, .mp3 and .mp4 files displayed the folder.jpg on every song instead of the icons mentioned earlier. I attempted to remove them in various ways available using dBpoweramp but I was unsuccessful. I am still burdened by this problem. Every other function of dBpoweramp appears to be working perfectly such as displaying ID Tag info when hovering over a file, converting .flac files to .mp3 files, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. When I uninstall it, everything goes back to normal and looks perfectly the same as it has forever so I know it's dBpoweramp causing the issue. I have searched the internet for a solution and I have asked a few different forums but I am still having the same problem. All I want is to see my Winamp icons for .flac, .mp3 and Pot Player for mp4 files. I cannot disable thumbnails in Folder Options in order to see icons as that is universal and I cannot see any thumbnails at all as you know. I hope that clearly states both my problem and my desired results. Notice that although it appears in dBpoweramp that I have no Album Art, I do have it on every song.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mothers.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	294676
                  Last edited by Leon McEntire; June 04, 2023, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Leon McEntire
                    • May 2023

simbun, you are a genius!!!! For future reference, in case this ever comes up again, I disabled the Windows Explorer Integration entitled "Thumbnail and Property Handler" then clicked "Exclusions" and chose .flac, .mp3 and .mp4 and I am now able to edit the ID Tags and delete the Album Artwork!!! Holy crap, Also, I am noticing that now, when I open a folder of music, instead of seeing folder.jpgs all over the place, I am back to seeing the exact same thing I have been used to all these years! What a relief! Now I don't even have to delete thousands of folder.jpg files as they are not automatically appearing anymore! I must admit, this was not a very intuitive solution. I was not aware of what all those advanced integrations did so I never thought to explore that option on my own. I'm really grateful for your patience with me and your knowledge of the options you provided me along the way. This means an awful lot to me! I really appreciate it smbun!!!
                    Last edited by Leon McEntire; June 04, 2023, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Leon McEntire
                      • May 2023

Hey there simbun, I just wanted to add a note for your future reference. I noticed that I wasn't getting a full reading of ID Tag info like I wanted so I opened dBpoweramp, went to Configuration, Enable Popup Information Tips, Advanced, and Exclude Popup for Extensions and declicked the .flac, .mp3 etc. files where I wanted the info to appear. Well, that action caused the problem I originally had to come back. I noticed folder.jpgs all over the place. Of course, now that I know how to fix that, thanks to you, I went back and repeated the actions I did to alleviate the problem originally and it worked! I only mention this because I feel that if it happened to me, it could happen to someone else and I wanted to be on the record, adding my 2 cents about how to fix that problem really quick. I don't understand why it occurred but since it was such an easy fix, it's not a big deal. Thank you again for all of your help in my original issue. I'm much more able to attack a problem if there is an intuitive solution than it there is not. dBpoweramp is an excellent product and I would highly recommend it to anyone serious about their business but some of the more detailed options, and there are quite a lot of them, are not terms with which I am aware. Therefore, I am thankful for this forum and for people like you who have the patience to assist people like me who, even though I am fairly well educated and have been in the music/audio/video business all of my life, still need some help occasionally.

Comment

Working...

]]>