title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Losing speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inovolve
    • Mar 2004

Losing speed

When I am ripping from cd to mp4 my speed goes down to 4x. I have had this problem before when ripping to mp3 and had to re-install the software. Any ideas on how to overcome this. thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Losing speed

Try ripping to 'test conversion', what speed is that?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bighair

I followed some of the suggestions to speed up conversions discussed in other threads. I tried installing the Nero Drive Speed and set it to load at startup. My system won't recognize the CD rom drive ie it doesn't see that an audio cd is in the drive. dbpoweramp won't load the track listing as it doesn't read the drive. I had to disable nero to get things back to normal. Currently converting to AAC for example I get on average 14x on the conversion. Considering both my cdrom drives are 48* read or faster I would have thought I would get better performance. I write to RAM first which is pretty quick, but then writing to the hard drive I suspect is the limiting factor. I do have a 7200rpm 40G hard drive. Should it get any better than this?

Cheers

Comment

• Unregistered

Oh, I forgot to add I'm running a 1.7 GHz AMD based system.

#

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Only test conversion will show the speed your CD can rip.

Compressing to AAC is very intensive, so a x17 compression speed seems about right.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>