title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

echo on speaker 'tapes' conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeannie
    • Feb 2004

echo on speaker 'tapes' conversion

I am converting speaker 'tapes' from .rm to .mp3. How to I eliminate the
    echo? The echo is not on the unconverted source file.

Jeannie :cry:
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: echo on speaker 'tapes' conversion

how big is the smallest rm file? perhaps we could take a look to test it out.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Convert to wave using all options [same as source], if there is no echo then the echo is from the mp3 conversion, check you are using the same frequency.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jeannie
        • Feb 2004

I am converting hundreds of speaker 'tapes' to mp3 so they can be burned on
        a CD & played on an mp3 player. They are all voice only, so quality is not a
        factor a long as they are understanable. When the source is .rm, I can set
        the output quality to the lowest or next to lowest setting & the converted file
        is acceptable & the converted file is small. I can get over 100 one hr. talks on
        a single CD which is excellent. However, when the source is .mp3, the files are
        much larger so I have been trying to convert .mp3 to .mp3 to see if I can
        somehow make the files smaller (lowering the quality). However, this gives me
        an echo - - even if I convert to the very same quality or a higher quality.

Jeannie

Comment

• Jeannie
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
          Convert to wave using all options [same as source], if there is no echo then the echo is from the mp3 conversion, check you are using the same frequency.
          I am converting hundreds of speaker 'tapes' to mp3 so they can be burned on
          a CD & played on an mp3 player. They are all voice only, so quality is not a
          factor a long as they are understanable. When the source is .rm, I can set
          the output quality to the lowest or next to lowest setting & the converted file
          is acceptable & the converted file is small. I can get over 100 one hr. talks on
          a single CD which is excellent. However, when the source is .mp3, the files are
          much larger so I have been trying to convert .mp3 to .mp3 to see if I can
          somehow make the files smaller (lowering the quality). However, this gives me
          an echo - - even if I convert to the very same quality or a higher quality.

Jeannie

Comment

• Jeannie
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
            I converted to .wav and there is an echo, so does that mean there is a problem
            with the source? I do not hear an echo when I play the source.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If the wave file was [as source] for all the options then yes there is a problem with the real audio decoder.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kieranmullen
                • Mar 2004

Does the Real Audio decoder really only work at 1x? :thumbdown

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by kieranmullen
                  Does the Real Audio decoder really only work at 1x? :thumbdown
                  Don't blame Spoon... blame Real Audio and their pathetic proprietary software and codecs.

Mti

Comment

Working...

]]>