title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4p2mp4 Aborts on Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peabody
    • Feb 2004

m4p2mp4 Aborts on Windows XP

Running m4p2mp4 on my windows xp machine, the program seems to take a memory fault and abort. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: m4p2mp4 Aborts on Windows XP

I have heard that it needs to be run from C:\ and the audio files need to be in C:\ (no folders).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Peabody
      Running m4p2mp4 on my windows xp machine, the program seems to take a memory fault and abort. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
      Can you please go into more detail. Make sure to launch it through the command prompt or it won't run.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

First you have to be able to play such files through iTunes, if itunes cannot play them then it is no go.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Peabody
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Can you please go into more detail. Make sure to launch it through the command prompt or it won't run.

Thanks for the responses folks. It ended up being operator error. Sorry about that. I was messing up the song file names. The program aborts hard if you have an invalid (ie it can't find it) filename. As for where you can run it from, I am successfully running it now from within my itunes directory giving the explicit path to c:\m4p2mp4.exe on the command line. ie:
          c:\m4p2mp4 "song name.m4p" "song name.mp4"
          and it's working fine.

Thanks,

Peobody

Comment

• DBoren
            • Feb 2004

I have read the FAQ on this subject and have tried the m4p2mp4.exe program. I keep getting the error message that I must have a proper play back key. The music file was downloaded from itunes music store and I can play the song with the itunes player on my windows XP computer.

Can anyone further explain the playback key? Am I just trying to do something that can't be done. I am new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• yukman
              • Feb 2004

I too am having similar problems with the playback key. Immediate help would be deeply appreicated.

Comment

• Unregistered

Ditto. Need Help, in the dos prompt says I need valid Playback key. What is this? My m4p's are legite, downloaded from iTunes music store and playable on itunes. I'm using XP.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Ditto. Need Help, in the dos prompt says I need valid Playback key. What is this? My m4p's are legite, downloaded from iTunes music store and playable on itunes. I'm using XP.
                  Are any of you working off of a copy of the original m4p? I had the same problem. I wanted to test m4p2mp4 outside of my itunes library. I made a copy of the file on to my desktop, and converted it. After things worked, I went back to the original file in my library, and it would not convert, giving the same error you listed. I then tried to convert the file on my desktop again, and it worked.

I am completely clueless how DRM works, but is it possible that given that m4p2mp4 works with the DRM library that it is not allowing the copying of files from a different source? Just thinking out loud...

Comment

Working...

]]>