title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"The codec could not be opened"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michelange

"The codec could not be opened"

Hello Dear Power Amp support team,

Trying to convert .cda to .mp3 with dMC AudioCD Input, I get the following error message :

"The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Music\CD_ripper\Chemical Brothers\Exit Planet Dust\Chemical Brothers - Alive Alone (Exit Planet Dust).mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened."

My settings are :
    - Convert to MP3
    - Bitrate 198
    - Freq 22khz
    - CD communication "2000 / NT Built-In (Limited)"

I tried the following, without success :
    - Install an alternative mp3 encoder.
    - Uninstall/reinstall software (without the RegKey trick though).
    - Alternative CD communication settings.

The most deceiving is that, while Audiocd Input refuses to commit, the same settings work fine on the same files when launching the Music Converter from the Windows explorer...

Finally, I followed the advice you give in :

When trying to record using dmc Auxiliary Input, i get the message: "The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\-01-0.00.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened." coming from a dBpowerAMP MusicConverter message box. I already upgraded MusicConverter and Auxiliary Input to the latest versions, but it´s still the

That is, to try a different frequency/bitrate, and swithced from 198 to 160. It works well, but why can't I get my 198 using AudioCD Input whilst it works fine in the Music Converter with the Windows explorer rightclick... ?

By the way, this solution could be of soome interest for this guy, perhaps we should tell him :

Just installed new version and when I try to convert a cda to mp3 or wav this message appears: The CODEC required to decompress 'D:\Track02.cda' could not be opened. Unable to access CD Drive 'D:\Track02.cda' And also the dMC Audio CD Input doesn't recognize the CD in the drive. It keeps showing "Insert Audio

Finally, perhaps you could tell me what is the best compression settings in mp3 for the following usages :
    - Headset listening;
    - Hi-Fi listening (livingroom, bedroom,...);
    - DJ mixing at parties.

Greetz,

Michelange
    mailto://michelange_baudoux@yahoo.fr
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "The codec could not be opened"

It will be just the Lame encoder, in that instance, if you convert to Wave at 22Khz then wave to mp3 it will work.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>