title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unstable Conversion Times

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dukee101
    • Jan 2004

Unstable Conversion Times

I am using the dMC file selector to convert a bunch of folders (containing FLAC-encoded albums), into 192kbps LAME MP3 (Alt-Preset-Standard; Frequency - As Source). I first set this up, and let it go. It said real-time encoding at 7x and it would take roughly 3 hours and 45 min. Then for some reason my computer restarted, not abruptly though, but it did. When I was back up and running on WinXP Pro again, I went through the steps once more, but this time, instead of going at 7x, it went at 3.4x, with an estimated 15 hours until completion time.

What's up with this? Why does this occur? I AltCtrlDel-ed and stopped a lot of background processes BOTH instances. Barely anything is runnig that would hog RAM, and even if it would, I have 1GB of RDRAM, as well as an Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz. My HDD space is very adequate. What could this be a result of?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

-M.S.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unstable Conversion Times

It is exactly half, to me that says something else is running taking cpu time, press CTL + ALT + DELETE and look in task manager what is taking CPU time.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS always takes CPU speed away. But that's the system idle process, you know, can't really get rid of it. Other than that, svchost.exe takes 02 CPU, which is NOTHING, and getting rid of that auto-restarts ur computer (That's why my PC restarted in the first place, cuz i END-TASKED that process)

...so what could it be?

-M.S.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Don't know, sorry.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dukee101
          • Jan 2004

Really baffled you, huh Spoon? lol It's ok man. You make great software. Don't worry about it. Can't wait till dBPowerAMP Xi! (11 in a snazzy way, making it sound like a BMW Car) nevermind me... lol

-m.s.

Comment

Working...

]]>