title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

problem converting .ram to .mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montypython
    • Feb 2004

problem converting .ram to .mp3

I'm fairly new to all this conversion stuff so hang with me. I'll begin from the beginning. I am trying to convert .ram to .mp3. So what I did was I downloaded the Real Audio codec from the dBpowerAMP site. When I found the .ram I wanted (an archived show from http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice), I right-clicked and selected "Save Target As..." and saved it to my desktop. I do understand that the file downloaded is only a link to the .rm file on the site. Then I opened the converter, selected the .ram file from my desktop, and selected for the file to be converted to .mp3 Lame. After that, it took about 53 minutes to convert a 28 minute clip. My result was a file on the desktop in .mp3 format, but 1 second of recorded silence, according to every player I have. I tried it again, converting the file both to .mp3 and .wav format. What am I doing wrong?? Do I need to convert to something other than .mp3 Lame, or do I misunderstand what the program can do? Thanks for the help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: problem converting .ram to .mp3

You need to download the .rm file locally and convert from a hard disk.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• montypython
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      You need to download the .rm file locally and convert from a hard disk.

So how do I do that, for example from http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/pr...business.shtml

????

Thanks.

Mark

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Answered on your other thread.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment