title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Choppy playback from audio player while ripping to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GarageMahal
    • Feb 2004

Choppy playback from audio player while ripping to FLAC

First, let me say that I really like the dBpower applications.

I am currently ripping my CD collection to FLAC but have been unable to listen to music while ripping. It appears the ripping/encoding process pegs my CPU usage to 100% preventing normal playback of saved files.

I have tried setting the priority of the AMP thread to real time without success.

I am running WinXP Pro on a 2.2Ghz machine. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    jta
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Choppy playback from audio player while ripping to FLAC

Try the other output method in dAP (dap options menu >> amp >> output to),

If no luck I know the Power Pack will give access to priority for the FLAC encoding, which can be set to low, but you might not want the PP.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GarageMahal
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try the other output method in dAP (dap options menu >> amp >> output to),

If no luck I know the Power Pack will give access to priority for the FLAC encoding, which can be set to low, but you might not want the PP.
      Per your suggestion, I tried switching between the output options a couple time with no success. I have Power Pack and have tried Low, and even Idle with no improvement.

I have also discovered the problem occurs other times the CPU is at 100% so it is not a problem with the ripper but with the player.

I will poke around with other system settings to see if I can find a solution. Any additional advice is appreciated.

Thanks again,
      jta

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The player has multiple threads, the main playing thread is set to a high priority. The only thing that should butt in would be DMA transfer with the hard disk.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GarageMahal
          • Feb 2004

I eliminated the problem by ripping from my DVD drive instead. Not sure what the problem is but at least I can listen while I rip now

Thanks again,
          jta

Comment

Working...

]]>