title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfman1976
    • Feb 2004

Missing Tags

I have 1000 CD's I am ripping to Lame. I read about ripping a bunch to wav files because it's quicker than using the converter to encode them to lame mp3's while you sleep. I did this using dbpoweramp. I ripped them to wav files, there was even a check box to perserve tags. Then I converted the wavs to mp3's and when I import them to iTunes the only thing that comes in is the Artist and song name and they are both listed under the song name. Does anyone please know a solution to this. I would love for this process to work as it would save me hours but I don't want to have to go through and correct the song title and enter year, genre, and album for every cd I import.

Thanks for your help
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Missing Tags

As WAV files do not contain any tag information the preserve tag option will be redundant when you rip to them. You could try using the new codec to update the tag information from the file name as long as the MP3 files are in an appropriate form.

It might have been better to have ripped them using one of the lossless codecs, like Monkey audio, and reconverted them to MP3 afterwards.
    Last edited by Wayne; February 02, 2004, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>