title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

poweramp will not work no matter what

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brown_king
    • Jan 2004

poweramp will not work no matter what

i recently reformatted my computer and when i went to install 10.1, it didnt work properly. i successfully ripped 2 cds and when i was ripping the 3rd, everything crashed. when i say didnt work, i mean, everytime i would try to rip, the prog would crash and my error reporting window appears. i cannot connect to the feedback server. i checked all the help files on the website and i have read through all the forum faqs. i have done everything that i can think of and i have followed all the advice given from members.

after reinstalling and deleting the reg key, now the prog doesnt even recognize when a cd is in either of my drives. I ran other progs and they recognized and played the cd (in both drives). i have multiple cds that are in the configuration list and have tried to configure with all of them. thats when the prog quit recognizing when a disc was in the drive.

my OS is windows xp
    i just reformatted, so there is plenty of hard drive space.
    i have a cable modem with router and its all hooked up correctly.
    i am the administrator for the computer and dont have a proxy server or anything like that.

the progs were installed in the proper order instructed in other faqs.
    i dont have any codecs installed. and when i did, it was mp3 blade.
    i have tried running the prog with and without power pack.
    i have tried reinstalling my old version and now that doesnt wanna work either.

i would tell what settings i had clicked in the prog, but its currently uninstalled right now. i am about ready to give up. does anyone have any suggestions?
  • ferris209
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2003

Re: poweramp will not work no matter what

Did you make sure a drive was selected on the options?

Comment

• trying to use

I have pretty much the same problem...

Installed the program, ripped the first CD just fine. Then when tried to rip the second the entire PC locked up - had to remove battery from laptop to re-boot. Tried again, and the same thing. Then uninstalled and re-installed. Now only the poweramp program locks up. Just does not seem to be able to read the CD. Cannot change any options as the program does not repond.

painful...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

@trying to use Which windows version?

@brown_king

Try Start >> Programs >> dBpoweramp music converter >> Configuration >> dmc audio cd configuration

Set CD Communication to 'NT/2000 built-in (Limited)'
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brown_king
          • Jan 2004

Set CD Communication to 'NT/2000 built-in (Limited)'

i did this shortly after making my post. the configuration window comes up automatically, then i have to get 3 cds to configure my drive (i have the right one selected...i even went so far as to configure both drives).

after configuring, i am able to connect to the FB server and submit results.
          however, the config settings will not stay set. in the option box, the accurate rip status still remains unconfigured. even after i have done the above things. i have tried rebooting after installation and i have to jump through all the same hopes just to try and burn one cd.

i was able to rip one of the cds that i used to configure, but after that, everything crashes.

i have tried to run it in my windows compatibility mode, but that isnt working either. the prog seems to want to work, i think i am not understanding the accurate rip function? and another thing...last night when i tried to rip, my error message was....unable to find table of contents....

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I am not fully sure what you are doing, you mentioned 'just to try and burn one cd.' is that burn (write), or rip (read)?

>config settings will not stay set. in the option box

Which config settings please?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• trying to use

Spoon, you are the Master. I am the Homer...

Comment

Working...

]]>