title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Power Pack Bug

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKovacsiss
    • Jan 2004

Power Pack Bug

With the Power Pack installed in version 10.1, do the following:

1. Add DSP Remove Silence to the Active Effects
    2. Check the Remove Silence at Beginning box
    3. Rip a CD that only has only audio on the right channel, at least in the beginning

The resulting rip will have the audio on the left channel. I was checking a CD the other day and comparing some results when I noticed a difference in the channel outputs. I used a track that had Pink Noise on only the right channel and the result was on the Left. I used the Digital Domain Demo CD to find something with just a right channel audio. I cannot remember the CD that had the audio starting out on the left when I noticed it. I would have to go back try to find the track again, but I have verified that this does fail.

Regards,
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Power Pack Bug

So remove silence moves right channel to left channel?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SKovacsiss
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      So remove silence moves right channel to left channel?
      Only if there is no or little audio on the left channel compared to the right at the very beginning while there is audio on the right. A good CD to see this with is Wild Cherry, Track 1-Play That Funky Music. The guitar is on the right channel with very little residual audio on the left. If you remove the silence at the beginning, it swaps the channels. If you uncheck the beginning silence, then it is fine.

Stephen

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Will look into it, thanks.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>