title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nero AAC Dilemma

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikee

Nero AAC Dilemma

I recently started getting involved with the AAC codec. It seems to be the next big thing. I already use dbPowerAMP to do all my ripping, encoding, etc... So I decided to move to AAC with dbPowerAMP. I downloaded a bunch of these MP4/AAC codecs (which is all confusing by the way) and it seems that the Nero AAC codec is the easiest to use and has the best performance. The problem is that I already own Nero 6 Ultra Edition, which comes with the AAC encoder. When I installed the dbPowerAMP Nero AAC encoder, it told me I had only 50 encodings and 0 decodings left on the 'Trial Period.' Why must I be subject to this trial version if I already own the full version program?

-M.S.
  • Dukee101
    • Jan 2004

Re: Nero AAC Dilemma

Nevermind, I downloaded the 6.3.0.0 update off the Nero site and now it works perfectly! I also got registered for the forums! Yessss!

By the way, is there a difference between 256Kbps LAME 3.90.3 Alt Preset ABR and Nero AAC "High" VBR High Efficiency format settings? I can't detect any? Is that because they are both hardly distinguishable from the actual CD?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

High Efficiency is designed for low bit rates, like mp3PRO - so they re quite different, for bitrates above 128Kbps go for LC, or Low Complexity.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• REVLIK
        • Sep 2006

EDIT: Sorry about spammin' the boards a bit. After spending so much time looking for an answer, I got desperate.

How can I encode m4a to low-complexity? Whenever I use the dMC, it always encodes into HE, even when I check the box "Force LC AAC".

iTunes will say the file is LC, but the Windows Explorer tab and the file info pop-up say that it is "High Efficiency [SBR]".
        Last edited by REVLIK; September 28, 2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Double post and reviving a dead thread.

Locked.

Comment

Working...

]]>