title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to delete source file '\\CdRom\TrackXX.cda'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Unable to delete source file '\\CdRom\TrackXX.cda'

When I used the CD conversion to MP3, I got this error afterwards. Can anyone help me?
  • brandonjp
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

Re: Unable to delete source file '\\CdRom\TrackXX.cda'

when converting from CD to MP3, I've gotten this error also from time to time.

I thought at first it was because of the settings I last used in dMC, so I tried a WAV to MP3 conversion and unchecked the "Delete Source Files" box, but then still got the "Unable to delete source files...etc." the next time i tried to rip from CD.

I'm guessing it's something pretty simple to fix in a setting somewhere, but it's happens so inconsistently on my system, and i've yet to figure out the remedy.

--brandon

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Odd, using new Release 10?

Do a 'rip with options' and make sure the delete option is off.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brandonjp
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
        Odd, using new Release 10?

Do a 'rip with options' and make sure the delete option is off.

yeah, i'm using release 10

when I do "rip with options" it grays out the delete option so I have no selection...that's only when cd ripping though, the option is there for any other conversion

it's very inconsistent though - i just tried several different ways (ripping one track, entire cd, "rip" button, "rip with options"). but i can't notice any pattern to when i gives me the error and when not. ie, ripped entire cd = got error, right afterwards i put in different cd & ripped entire cd = no error message.
        ????

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

To me it sounds like something else (perhaps a Codec) is overwriting the memory of that option, those things are needles in haystacks to find.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brandonjp
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2003

well...it's really not been a big deal, i just clear the error message and go on, but do let me know if anything develops or if there's an easy way to fix it
            thanks!

Comment

• brandonjp
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2003

well since i was the main one with this issue - i'm not sure anyone will care right away, but for the sake of that future user in my shoes....

i finally found away around this problem...in the dmc audio cd input program, i right click on the Rip button and then very quickly unchecked the "Delete Source File..." option - it took me a few tries to do it fast enough, but i finally did. it helped me to select another codec from the the drop-down menu then go back to my mp3 (or whatever codec) and quickly uncheck the box before it grays out again.

anyway...i'm now using dMC R11 - so far so good spoon, thanks
              --bp

Comment

Working...

]]>