title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Mp3 Tag names no longer readable Release 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rschofield
    • Dec 2003

RE: Mp3 Tag names no longer readable Release 10

I've replaced the MP3.DLL file as you suggested and that corrected the accented character problem within tags.

However, it has generated another (possibly worse) problem of messing up other tag and, especially, bitrate information.
    I hadn't noticed this problem with the "official release 10 mp3.dll" until after I replaced it. When I went back to it, I discovered that it had a similar problem of not copying over *all* tag information properly but, at least, did not have the messed up bitrate problem.

If you go to the following URL, you'll find a page that demonstrates the problem. The screen shots are of Tag&Rename 3.0.1 (the latest version).

URL: http://www.rschofield.com/dBpowerAMP...20problem.html
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Mp3 Tag names no longer readable Release 10

That is the problem of id3v2 tags, nothing I can do.

Also tag & rename 3.0.1 doesn't look to be utf-8 compatible.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rschofield
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
      That is the problem of id3v2 tags, nothing I can do.

Also tag & rename 3.0.1 doesn't look to be utf-8 compatible.
      You are correct that Tag&Rename 3.0.1 does not understand UTF-8 tags (nor does Winamp 5.01).

But I'm afraid the problem is not with ID3V2 tags. None of the versions of dMC that I've used up until the official release 10 produced files with messed up bitrates. I've gone back and looked at files that were converted from .flac to .mp3 with older dMC versions and found them to be fine. (Thank God! because I'd already deleted the .flac's.)

I think I will reinstall an older version of dMC for now. I can handle the tags manually.

Dick

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you copy over the older (from an old dMC) Lame_enc.dll from Compression\mp3 (Lame)\ to the newer Release 10 install, could be that Lame has changed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>