title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.mov audio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philidor
    • Jan 2004

.mov audio

A friend sent me an audio file converted from wav to mov. That's what it says: name.wav.mov. Clicked, Quicktime opens and it plays. Naturally, if I send it on to someone without Quicktime, it doesn't. I'd prefer to convert the file.
    My video converter doesn't think it's a media file. I didn't see a codec here that would convert it. I'm wondering how a .wav got into .mov in the first place.
    Any solutions?
    Thanks.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: .mov audio

is it an audio file? if so just rename the extension to name.wav and see if you can play it.

Comment

• Philidor
      • Jan 2004

Re: .mov audio

Too easy.
      I did as you suggested, renamed it to .wav.
      XMPlay, the default player, wouldn't recognize it. I navigated to the file using Open, clicked on it, and nothing happened, wasn't added to the playlist.
      In the right click menu I selected Play with Media Player, and Windows Media Player 9 opened and played it. WMP 9 does not include .mov under Tools/Options/Files.
      Then I right clicked again and tried to convert it to mp3 using dbPoweramp. I got an error message saying the file could not be opened.
      Now I'm less sure than I was before of what this file is.
      Any ideas? :confused:

Comment

Working...

]]>