title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag problem with Flac and Rio Karma

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Tag problem with Flac and Rio Karma

dBpowerAmp does a nice job of ripping from CD and compressing with Flac but I noticed that Rio Karma doesn't see the Album tag; this tag field is just blank. However Winamp does see it correctly. Its only with flac, not with mp3 or ogg.

Looking for alternatives I settled on EAC. The flac file that is produced with EAC and flac 1.1.0k does seem to make Karma happy (it sees the Album field).

Just thought I'd mention it here. I'm on XP.

Bob
  • Unregistered

Re: Tag problem with Flac and Rio Karma

Originally posted by Unregistered
    dBpowerAmp does a nice job of ripping from CD and compressing with Flac but I noticed that Rio Karma doesn't see the Album tag; this tag field is just blank. However Winamp does see it correctly. Its only with flac, not with mp3 or ogg.

Looking for alternatives I settled on EAC. The flac file that is produced with EAC and flac 1.1.0k does seem to make Karma happy (it sees the Album field).

Just thought I'd mention it here. I'm on XP.

Bob

My mistake!!! I posted this too soon! I just upgraded to the new Karma Music Manager software 2.40 and the problem went away. Sorry for the false alarm.

Bob

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Glad to hear it, I have been working on a Karma also - quite like it.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Randi
        • Dec 2004

Hi,
        i got the same problem (though I have the newest Rio Soft installed), when transferring Flac files to my Karma (for example drag'n'dropping them from explorer), they loose tag information (definitly album afair sometimes title also), when transferring by RMM this doesnt happen. Ive got newest Poweramp (registered) and sveta installed.
        Could you please have a look into this?

Thanks in advance
        Randi

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It looses Tag info when using Sveta and the Karma?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Randi
            • Dec 2004

Ok, now I'm confused: What happened was, after installing the newest official (non-beta) version, I had trouble getting my "convert to" and "edit tag" buttons on right mouse click to work (in fact I tried everything suggested, but it didnt work), so I completly uninstalled dbpoweramp and everything else (codecs etc). Then after a new installation of dbpoweramp (actually it was quite hard getting registered again), I've got everything back to work. Except for the flac thingie. What I now realized is, dbpoweramp shows sveta as "not installed", so I tried installing it again, it also said "found previous installation... bla" and finished "successfully". But problem still occurs, and dbpoweramp says "sveta not installed" and when I click "convert to" it does NOT show my Karma, but only the compression formats.
            And yep, when i dragndrop it, "Tracknumber" becomes "Artist", Genre is lost, as well as "Track", "Year" and "Album"

Sorry for the essay :-)

edit: seems to be an issue with the flac and/or m4a input plugin, converting m4a files with correct tagging (checked with tag and rename), dont have any tags after converting to flac (mode 8), this is on HDD not on Karma.
            Last edited by Randi; December 23, 2004, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

First make sure you install the latest of everything (for Sveta you need the Beta in the beta section of this forum, and the Beta of the Rio Karma driver in the same message). Install all to the same location, also install the dBpowerAMP FLAC codc and mp4 decoder codec.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Randi
                • Dec 2004

mmh think I found the problem, obviously there are different tagging option for m4a files. I got the protected files from Itunes, "unprotected" them with hymn, and tagandrename shows correct tags, however viewing the tag (on the m4a file) with "edit tag" shows nothing for the ID tags but all the information on the bottom under file details. So seems to be the input aac decoder (Release 2 Faad v2.0), everything else is installed as newest version, i double checked it.

Oh and btw, sveta shows now as "installed"! Dont know why, didnt change a thing.

Comment

• Randi
                  • Dec 2004

Hi,

any news on this? You can check it with any Itunes file, and tag&rename shows correct tags. If you want I can mail you 2 screenshots that clearly show the problem.

Any help will be highly appreciated :-)

Randi

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If it is not showing the ID tags for a mp4 file make sure you have installed the mp4 decoder (which reads the tags), as a test install a dBpowerAMP mp4 encoder, encode a CD track to one mp4 file and see if you get tags on a mouse over popup.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Randi
                      • Dec 2004

Ok maybe may reply wasnt clear (english's not my native tongue), as written earlier in this thread I've got the mp4 decoder installed (Release 2 Faad v2.0), and it decodes/transcoder just fine, problems seems to be the way it interprets Itunes songs. I will send you the 2 mentioned screenshots via mail.

Cheers
                      Randi

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Please email one such file with the tagging problem.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>