title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Couple of Questions -tired of searching and searching for some answers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Couple of Questions -tired of searching and searching for some answers

Command Sets -> MMC is the default command? What are they, and how do they work (what they do); -some simple info would be nice and a web site of more complex info would also be nice if you know of one. Also i am from Canada and i have tried 3 discs for Accurate Rip -> i understand that they have to be the rightly pressed and this is to "start the configuration process", yes. "download there data base and program etc..."

One other, when rippinng a disk there are "audio cd parameters" with a "start offset [time] in milliseconds". Is is just for individual disks or is it for all dics and just depends on your cd drive. looked up mine and it is suposed to be +12 -for LG GCE 8400B.

Thanks,

kevin
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Couple of Questions -tired of searching and searching for some answers

If MMC works then that is best (99.999% of drives use this).

Audio CD Params is something else (ripping copy protected CDs), when accuraterip configures it will set the correct +12 offset. You need dMC R10, AccurateRip Function and the AccurateRip database all installed to the same location, then it will configure when a known CD is inserted.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
      If MMC works then that is best (99.999% of drives use this).

Audio CD Params is something else (ripping copy protected CDs), when accuraterip configures it will set the correct +12 offset. You need dMC R10, AccurateRip Function and the AccurateRip database all installed to the same location, then it will configure when a known CD is inserted.
      I have dMC R10 with AccurateRip Funtion (.dll) in the folder C:\Program Files\dBpowerAMP and the database in the same foler but of course in it own folder because it would be a mess otherwise -> C:\Program Files\dBpowerAMP\AccurateRip .Also i am trying out the powerpack and have a few addition codecs provided by dBpower..... I guess i have everything done right accept finding a correct "KEY DISC" ??Can I maually configure AccurateRip?? After it is configured does it work only with KEY DISCS ->to accurately rip only those or will it work on any original?

thanks,
      and thanks for the first reply

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You cannot configure manually, it will only activate when a ky disc is shown to it, and it can only give results from a disc in the database.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>