title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Encoding options in WAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bemis83
    • Dec 2003

Encoding options in WAV

I have noticed in the options for WAV that you can encode to 24 bit, 96k, 6 (5.1) channel. (I have searched for this subject but I can't find it.)
    Does this work? Are the results worth the longer encoding time? (1.5x)
    If this works, I'm very excited about it. Goodbye EAC. Already this one is extremely better if only for the ease in changing formats and directories. If the 6 channel pans out, I'm here for a while. Just the DESIRE to do it puts you miles ahead of other rippers.
    OK. I'll stop gushing.
    Maybe someone could point to a help file or web page that discusses this option.
  • Unregistered

Re: Encoding options in WAV

Originally posted by Bemis83
    I have noticed in the options for WAV that you can encode to 24 bit, 96k, 6 (5.1) channel. (I have searched for this subject but I can't find it.)
    Does this work? Are the results worth the longer encoding time? (1.5x)
    If this works, I'm very excited about it. Goodbye EAC. Already this one is extremely better if only for the ease in changing formats and directories. If the 6 channel pans out, I'm here for a while. Just the DESIRE to do it puts you miles ahead of other rippers.
    OK. I'll stop gushing.
    Maybe someone could point to a help file or web page that discusses this option.
    Welcome here my friend!

So you just discovered the place and the softwares.
    They are good ,rock solid.
    Cannot answer you question.
    I'am not interested with 5,1. Still have to go to a live concert where the drummer his BEHIND me , the bass UP my head and so on...

Still stuck to 2 speakers , mono if possible. If i want a 5,1 effect ,i just move fast my head from left to right and right to left.

Comment

• zevele1
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Welcome here my friend!

So you just discovered the place and the softwares.
      They are good ,rock solid.
      Cannot answer you question.
      I'am not interested with 5,1. Still have to go to a live concert where the drummer his BEHIND me , the bass UP my head and so on...

Still stuck to 2 speakers , mono if possible. If i want a 5,1 effect ,i just move fast my head from left to right and right to left.
      It was ME ,just forgot to login

Comment

• Bemis83
        • Dec 2003

If i want a 5,1 effect ,i just move fast my head from left to right and right to left.
        That's a really funny mental picture, Zev. Somehow, considering the kind of music you like (metal), I suppose that you have actually done that. My brain is much too loose in my head for that. All that liquification I did in the 60's/70's I suppose. :teufel8:

Comment

• zevele1
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bemis83
          That's a really funny mental picture, Zev. Somehow, considering the kind of music you like (metal), I suppose that you have actually done that. My brain is much too loose in my head for that. All that liquification I did in the 60's/70's I suppose. :teufel8:

:vmad: NOt only metal
          Punk -hardcore- low fi-country-jam bands- industrial-stoner rock- free jazz-beat and ,first of all PSY and GARAGE.
          Anything with guitars who stand a volume 8 or 9 level :komisch12

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

For the higher frequencies, bits and chanels you need the source material to be in that format, if ripping CDs the best you can have is 2 channel 16 bit 44.1KHz - you could select higher but would end up with the same audio sound in a bigger file.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bemis83
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
              For the higher frequencies, bits and channels you need the source material to be in that format, if ripping CDs, the best you can have is 2 channel 16 bit 44.1KHz - you could select higher but would end up with the same audio sound in a bigger file.
              Then what is the purpose (now or in future) for the conversion option? You can play a scaled-down version of DVD-Audio in a standard DVD player. Can it rip those in 6 (5.1) channel?

Speaking of "scaled-down", Creative implies that with the new Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS that it's NOT scaled down --- it's full DVD-Audio --- but I'm skeptical.

Bemis

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

There are files out there that are 5.1 or higher frequency (taken off DVD Movies), so that dMC can handle them.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bemis83
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
                  There are files out there that are 5.1 or higher frequency (taken off DVD Movies), so that dMC can handle them.
                  Thanks Spoon. Great product. I've been recommending it. :komisch12

Bemis :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>