title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.mpc converting error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dingo
    • Dec 2003

.mpc converting error

Hi

I'm having a problem converting a .mpc file to .mp3. When I try to convert it, dMC gives me this error:
    "File uses Intensity Stereo, not supported anymore! Please decode with command line tool."
    followed by:
    The CODEC required to decompress 'E:\mp3\anime\Seatbelts - Cowboy Bebop CD-Box\disc 1\30 - Dialogue 1-13.mpc' could not be opened.

what are the command line settings i must use to convert this file?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: .mpc converting error

Could be that mpc file is corrupted? or do all create that error?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

All the other files were converted with no problems. How do I check the file for corruption? Can I convert the file using command line tools? If yes, then which?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If it is corrupted then I think you are out of luck.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2002

If you can get dAP or any other audio player to play the file, you could use Auxillary Input to convert it to an mp3.
          The process is similar to this, except it is an mpc file instead of a midi: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2213
          Then after all you would need to do is encode the wave file to an mp3.

Comment

• Gohan

Solution

In reply to Dingo's post, I had exactly the same file with the same problem.
            Luckily I found this forum within a split second of needing info.

I followed the link which MasterOfPuppets posted here to the how to convert page. I followed all the instructions and conversion happened (after downloading dBpowerAMP and accessories) to which I wasn't happy with the background noise (like a high pitch TV sound).

So I hunted around for mpc decompilers so on and so forth.

Using Winamp v5.03a like I usually do to play my media I checked the files details and it could read the ID3 tag but wouldn't play it, it would just spit out the error.

To which I got a crazy idea, so I followed it through and opened the mpc file in notepad (under XP Pro [anything under XP has buffer issues]) to which i noticed the words Xing and further along NLAME3.92 which made me go O_o.
            I did a hunt around on the net for "NLAME3.92" and found some direct links to so called txt files funnily enough which contained this and some other recognizable comparisons between the files (this is all from the search page, I didn't download them).

I decided to remove the ID3 tag from the mpc and see what happened. Nothing at the top of the file changed, it was still the same. So I opened up another mpc from the album this time it was very different from the one I was having issues with, for a start it had MP+ at the start.

Then I got another crazy idea and followed it through again and renamed the mpc file to an mp3 and VIOLA the bloody thing worked and it was a mp3 hahaha.

So the moral of the story is, if you try to convert a file and it errors just make sure it has the right extension.

I can be contacted here: Gohan(at)slingshot(dot)co(dot)nz

Comment

Working...

]]>