title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio CD Input Comment Field Missing from ID tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhotoJoe
    • Sep 2003

Audio CD Input Comment Field Missing from ID tag

I have all of my audio CDs in CD Notebooks and have given each CD a unique ID. For example CD001, CD002, CD003 etc.

I have been using dbPowerAMP Music Converter to rip all of my CDs to my computer. I have been entering the CD Id (CD001 for example) into the comment field on the Audio CD Input page. Later when I look in the folder where I have the mp3 files stored the comment field is blank. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    PhotoJoe
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Audio CD Input Comment Field Missing from ID tag

If you hold the mouse over the file does the comment field show correctly (on the yellow popup)?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PhotoJoe
      • Sep 2003

Re: Audio CD Input Comment Field Missing from ID tag

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you hold the mouse over the file does the comment field show correctly (on the yellow popup)?
      Sometimes all of them will show up in the yellow popup. But not at all in the comment field in the detail view(I have selected the comment field to be display in the detail view). Sometimes only some of them will show up in the yellow popup and some of them will show up in the comment field in the detail view and it is not the same ones.

I have just started using another program to fix or change the mp3 Id tags (Media Tagger v1.3.0) It never see the comment field until I enter it with that program. After I have updated the Id tags with that program they show up in both the detail view and the yellow popup. I also use that program to change the artist for those CDs that have various artist for the different tracks.

BTW my OS is Windows XP Pro

PS I noticed that the ones in the yellow pop that show the ID Tag field contain both ID3v1 & ID3v2 were the ones that showed the comment field in the detail view. The ones that only show ID3v2 in the yellow popup ID Tag field did not show the comment field in the detail view.
      Last edited by PhotoJoe; December 27, 2003, 02:26 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Comment

Working...

]]>