title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.wma to .aac - codec installed but can't convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charles S
    • Dec 2003

.wma to .aac - codec installed but can't convert

I have installed the converter and two codecs, the wmav9 and mp4, and have WMP 9.0. When I download a .wma song, right click on it, there is not option to convert wma to aac, just mp4 to aac. I had been advised to utilize these two converters, and wonder what I'm missing here.
    Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: .wma to .aac - codec installed but can't convert

Originally posted by Charles S
    I have installed the converter and two codecs, the wmav9 and mp4, and have WMP 9.0. When I download a .wma song, right click on it, there is not option to convert wma to aac, just mp4 to aac. I had been advised to utilize these two converters, and wonder what I'm missing here.
    Thanks.
    Run the dMC Configuration program, that will say what formats are installed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Charles S
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
      Run the dMC Configuration program, that will say what formats are installed.
      Yep: .mp4, Lame 3.93.1 .mp3, .mp4, .acc, .wav and .wma - Release 1.3b. These are all "Installed compression codecs - write".
      The read onew are .aac decoder, CD input decoder .cda, .mp4 decoder, and Windows Media Audio, which is .wma, .ast and .wmv.
      What am I missing here?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try Start >> Programs >> dbpoweramp music converter >> dbpoweramp music converter

and select the WMA file that way.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>