title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Slllloooooooooowwwww speeeeeeeeed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ooman
    • Dec 2003

Slllloooooooooowwwww speeeeeeeeed?

I'm ripping a common retail CD, about 43 minutes of music, to mp3 to compile a CD.

I pretty much just left the options at their defaults setting, 128kbs, 44100hz MP3 Lame, constant bitrate, and the ripping is running at "2.4x realtime," ripping is set to "Maximum." The ripping process is taking about 17 minutes.

I've dl'd the nero speed program, and the test conversion shows "13x realtime conversion."

Is that about right? It's taking quite a bit longer that Roxio, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ooman; December 17, 2003, 10:43 PM.
  • JVILLAS
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

Re: Slllloooooooooowwwww speeeeeeeeed?

Hi Ooman, I get this same problem from time to time. My OS is XPsp1. Try this if you have a 2nd. drive try ripping on that drive. Ihave found that when I can't ripp at max speed on my cdrom(dvdrom)to 40x, I'll switch to my Plex writer and it will ripp just fine. For me it seems to be a setting that wont hold. Currently both of my players are working just fine. Are you using PowerPack?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Slllloooooooooowwwww speeeeeeeeed?

Install the latest version of dMC (Release 10) then try a Rip to 'Test Conversion', what is the speed shown?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>