title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Managing Transcoded Libraries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netelder
    • Dec 2003

Managing Transcoded Libraries

I maintain two complete mp3 libraries. One is for normal home listening, and is compressed with lame --alt-preset standard (roughly 192Kbps VBR). The second parallel library is compressed at 64Kbps for portable mp3 player use. (I have four teenagers at home, so dragging and dropping music onto SD Chips plugged into USB2 interfaces is aLOT faster than transcoding on the fly to the slow portables!)

I used dBPowerAmp FileSelector to handle the first block transcoding - ran overnight, and worked beautifully. The problem now is that as I add music to the primary library, I would prefer to transcode only the new music, rather than retranscoding the entire (currently 60GB) library.

Any suggestions on how to select only the new files in the main library for feeding to the dBPowerAmp Music Converter?

--Lloyd
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Managing Transcoded Libraries

If you select all the files in File Selector, on the dMC overwrite page (Release 10) there should be a 'No to All', select that and only new files will be converted. (it might be a Power Pack option, not 100% on that).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• netelder
      • Dec 2003

Spoon,

Went through all available dialog boxes, both with and without Power Pack installed, and was unable to find a "No to All" checkbox/option. Can you provide any other guidance? Do I need to register Power Pack to enable this feature?

--Lloyd

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you select all the files in File Selector, on the dMC overwrite page (Release 10) there should be a 'No to All', select that and only new files will be converted. (it might be a Power Pack option, not 100% on that).

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by netelder
        Spoon,

Went through all available dialog boxes, both with and without Power Pack installed, and was unable to find a "No to All" checkbox/option. Can you provide any other guidance? Do I need to register Power Pack to enable this feature?

--Lloyd
        If you convert allways to the same folder , before convertion starts, you will get a pop-up windows telling you that tracks ......... exist .
        If you want to over write them .

If not , the converter will convert only the tracks not yet in the folder== the new tracks

Comment

• zevele1
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
          If you convert allways to the same folder , before convertion starts, you will get a pop-up windows telling you that tracks ......... exist .
          If you want to over write them .

If not , the converter will convert only the tracks not yet in the folder== the new tracks

HPO!! Forgot to log in
          The last post if from me

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Just checked it is a power pack option, on the Overwrite page, you might need to run this:

Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• netelder
              • Dec 2003

Spoon,

I registered/purchased PowerPak and ran the "reregister" app. That did it. Thanks!

May I add my vioce to others for a cleaner user interface? Having to hunt around for option settings is a pain - a simple tabbed "Options" menu, like MusicMatch for example, would make life simpler for everyone. Fewer questions, easier use.

--Lloyd

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I try my best make sure you install the registered power pack from the email reciept.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>