title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

3 little queries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • penguin
    • Dec 2003

3 little queries

Hi -

My first visit here, looking for a little help if someone can provide it.

1 MPEG to MP3 - How do I convert an Mpeg file into MP3?

2 REAL AUDIO (.rm, .rmm etc) to MP3? - How do I convert Real Audio files into MP3?

3 SPLITTING INTO MULTIPLE FILES - How do I take a 1 hour recording/file and turn it into say 6 files of 10 minutes each?

My OS is Windows 2000 Professional.

I use a service called Audiogenerator (www.audiogenerator.com) and need to provide files in MP3 format of, 24kbps, 22.05khz, and Mono. They recommended using DBpoweramp for this is which is how I got here.

Any help much appreciated.

Penguin
  • Jay

Re: 3 little queries

Originally posted by penguin
    2 REAL AUDIO (.rm, .rmm etc) to MP3? - How do I convert Real Audio files into MP3?
    You could try using this little utility called RealAudio-to-Wav Recorder. Once you have the WAV file, it's pretty simple to encode it to MP3 using dMC.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Jay
      You could try using this little utility called RealAudio-to-Wav Recorder. Once you have the WAV file, it's pretty simple to encode it to MP3 using dMC.
      The URL for RealAudio-to-Wav: http://rawavrecorder.homestead.com

Comment

• donp
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by penguin
        Hi -

3 SPLITTING INTO MULTIPLE FILES - How do I take a 1 hour recording/file and turn it into say 6 files of 10 minutes each?

Penguin

For splitting up mp3 files I use mp3directcut, available at:

/http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/

The user interface isn't all that intuitive, but for what you want, you would:
        1. Open your big mp3 file
        2. Select "Autocue" from the "Special" pulldown menu
        3. Enter how long each split should be
        4. Select "Save split" from the File menu. You will be prompted about how to name the files. Typically I use the name of the original file followed by the split number.

Comment

Working...

]]>