title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Standard audio CD player emulation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay

Standard audio CD player emulation

Hi Spoon,

With regards to this thread: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.p...dpost&p=143884

Does dMC 10 have this feature (interpolate C2 errors on discs with CDS200 copy protection, emulating standard audio CD players)?

Under Options > Stardard CD Player Emulation, I can only find 'Audio CD Parameters', and 'Table Of Contents Detection'
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Standard audio CD player emulation

No, but I intend to add it soon - more people ask for it, the quicker it will be added.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

I want it!

Just bought a protected cd the other day (by accident of course). I finally managed to rip it, but it would've been much easier with the Standard CD Emulation!

For the record, I used a Plextor 40/12/40A to rip, using EAC in secure mode without C2 error correction. I had to activate the "First Session Only" option in PlexTools (else not a single CD reader could see the audio tracks, and of course, the "player" on the CD actually turned out to be a "crasher").

The rip sounds nice so far without much audible clicks.

Oh the disc is "Go Tell In On The Mountain" by "The Blind Boys of Alabama".. An EMI record release.

Comment

• Jay

Yes, definitely want this feature. I have trouble getting clean rips from my Mitsumi CR-4804TE drive.

I can see the tracks on a CDS200 protected CD (there's a hell lot of them released in Asia, especially by EMI; and consumers don't seem to care) as it is supposed to be using EAC's Manually Detect TOC, however, the tracks are laden with very audible clicks. Secure mode (awfully slow) and burst mode (faster) yields the same results.

From my knowledge, the number of clicks depends on the drive used. However, from what I read in the thread mentioned, you intend to make dMC Audio CD Input drive independant?

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by RossRoy
          For the record, I used a Plextor 40/12/40A to rip, using EAC in secure mode without C2 error correction.
          Using secure mode with protected CDs, does your drive rip much slower than with red-book standard CDs?

Comment

• RossRoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2003

Not much slower for that CD, but it's the only one I tried, and as far as I know, it's one of the few protected CD in Canada, it may be "less" protected than in other places.

And from what I could see, the intentional C2 errors were only at around 30 seconds into the track, the rest seemed fine.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It should be drive independant.

For the Plextors the only way is to 'Enable first session only', I asked plextor for this command but they wouldn't give it me.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RossRoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2003

Maybe you could reverse engineer PlexTools

Comment

• Mr.G
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                  No, but I intend to add it soon - more people ask for it, the quicker it will be added.
                  Digging out this fairly old thread, I wanted to add my vote for a CD-Player emulation with error interpolation, etc.

I have just bought "Permission to Land" by the Darkness, and although the CD does not *seem* to be copy-protected at first glance and *seems* to rip fine, I've not managed to create a CD-rip without audible pops/clicks - in spite of having tried 3 different drives (NEC DVD-writer, TEAC CD-writer, Plextor CD-Rom) as well as different ripping options in dMC and EAC.

This same CD plays fiine in my 15-year old audio-CD player, so I assume that a proper player emulation would allow me to enjoy listening to this disc from my computer's harddisc, which I find much more convenient.

Mr. G

Comment

Working...

]]>