title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

IDv3 and re-organizing MP3s

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lcohen999
    • Dec 2003

IDv3 and re-organizing MP3s

Hey All

Question...

I have a lot of MP3s, all sorted my Arits in their own directories, but most of my ID tags are not setup properly

is this program capable of going through all my MP3s and redoing their IDv3 tags automatically and cleaning up any duplicate MP3s

thanks!
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2003

Re: IDv3 and re-organizing MP3s

Maybe this could help

This 'compression' codec doesn't compress, but rather writes to the ID3 tag, from the file name, so if you have a file like: An Artist\An Album\A TrackName.mp3 it can pull out the tags. Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-codec-tag-from-filename.exe 191KB This codec requires the Power Pack.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by RossRoy
      Thanks!

but that is going the wrong way....I need to go from filename to IDv3 tag, or get said program to hunt on the internet to get the correct song/artist...

anything like that

thanks again

Comment

• RossRoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2003

Well if you need to get your ID3 tags from the filename, this thing should work.

But, I know of no software that can get the ID3 tags from the internet AFTER ripping.

Comment

Working...

]]>