title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC 10 and AccurateRip?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldCoder
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2003

dMC 10 and AccurateRip?

Spoon - After installing the latest dMC, I had to reconfigure AccurateRip with a key disc. This worked fine, and suggested that I re-rip the disc to double check it, which I did.

Reviewing the results, Accuraterip reports that the last song was ripped incorrectly. It sounds great, so I suspect that it is a minor length or hashing difference.

I had previously (months ago) ripped this without error, so either I have fouled up the install or dMC is now processing the disc differently than it used to - did you correct something that would throw off OLD AccurateRip entries?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dMC 10 and AccurateRip?

Yes, the CRCs for the first and last track are now calculated 5 sectors in, so all drives ven drives not able to read past lead in will give the same CRCs. Soon I will purge the database of all first and last tracks - painful, but for the best.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi,

Is there a way to manually enter the drive offsets in dmc 10? I was able to do this under dmc 9 but can't seem to find a similar option field in dmc 10.

Cheers
      Alvin

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

No, AccurateRip needs to be installed and to find the offset.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jay

Are there any plans to allow users of dMC Audio CD Input to manually type in the offset instead of using a KeyDisc to configure it?

The problem for users like myself is that we do not have a key disc that we can use.

Comment

• Jay

Originally posted by Jay
            Are there any plans to allow users of dMC Audio CD Input to manually type in the offset instead of using a KeyDisc to configure it?

The problem for users like myself is that we do not have a key disc that we can use.
            Also want to add that I am very sure that my drive offset as listed on http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm is correct, based on several tests I have done.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If your drive is there then you only need 1 key disc - stick say 10 of your most popular CDs in (no need to Rip, just click Refresh, if the Disc is known it will offer to find the offset).
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jay
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
                If your drive is there then you only need 1 key disc - stick say 10 of your most popular CDs in (no need to Rip, just click Refresh, if the Disc is known it will offer to find the offset).
                I do have a few CDs in the key disc list. However, because I'm in Asia, I have trouble getting dMC Audio CD Input to recognise these CDs as key discs, as many of these CDs aren't of the same pressings as the ones listed.

Using EAC, the only CD that could be used to calculate the offset was Shania Twain's Come On Over (558 000-2 01), which is listed 3 times on AccurateRip's key discs page. dMC Audio CD Input, however, doesn't recognise my pressing of it.

Which is why I am wondering if it would be beneficial to allow users who are very sure of their drive offsets to manually enter it?

I understand the rationale for not allowing it, as entering the wrong offsets might pollute the AccurateRip database. Perhaps a way around this might be to provide users who wish to manually enter drive offsets with a warning to proceed only if they are sure that it is correct? This manually entered amount could then be checked with the offset database to see if it tallies, if it doesn't another warning might be given?

Comment

Working...

]]>