title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to convert entire music library to MP3 based on folder and file name

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danahirschberg
    • May 2016

How to convert entire music library to MP3 based on folder and file name

I want to convert my entire music library to MP3's for playing in my car stereo. It's easy enough to convert them but the software uses the meta data within the file. The end goal is to convert the songs how I have them organized, folder name by folder name, file name by file name, and not to use the internal meta of the file. Does this make sense and if so how do you do it? Thank you in advance...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to convert entire music library to MP3 based on folder and file name

Set naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• danahirschberg
      • May 2016

Thank you Spoon. I have another questions regarding how to automate bit rate base on the original file bit rate. Is it possible to program the target MP3 bit rate to max out at 320 for all files 16/44 and higher but when MP3 256 to use the lower bit rate? About half my library is 256 CBR so converting to 320 just increases the size, not quality. The remaining half is a mixture of CD rips 16/44 and HD downloads 24/96 and 24/192.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is conditional encoding DSP which will allow you to copy 1:1 mp3 files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>