title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA bug at 64 bit installation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gagorial
    • Dec 2017

WMA bug at 64 bit installation

I think that found a bug with wma encoder.
    I compared 2 files with same encoder options selected. One file was created with Microsoft Expression encoder and the other by dBpoweramp. I compared both with foobar2000 binary comparator. foobar2000 found differences in both files. Then I forced a new installation of dBpoweramp to 32 bits. Then I repeated the comparison and both files were identical. I tested with VBR, CBR; with voice, standard and pro. Why did I get differences?

I am trying dBpoweramp and It liked a lot because works quickly compared with other software and it is relay easy to use.
    Sincerely

I tried attached the file that I use for test this problem but the platform do not let me.
    Sincerely.
    Last edited by gagorial; December 13, 2017, 05:13 AM. Reason: Fix grammar
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA bug at 64 bit installation

You can only compare WMA lossless, none of the lossy modes, as a 64 bit encoder would produce different files to a 32 bit encoder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gagorial
      • Dec 2017

Thanks Spoon
      I did not know about that. I agree with you because I tested before Microsoft expression encoder and NCH Switch software (works horrible slow), both are 32 bits applications.
      I think that wma codec is weird because I tested Opus and Vorbis like wma codec, both were equal regardless were 32 or 64 bits installation.
      My intention was to tell you about this "bug" to help you to correct it.

Comment

• gagorial
        • Dec 2017

I found Windows Media Player 12 also have differences between rip a CD to CBR 192 kbps wma and converted files from wav or wma lossless to wma CBR 192 kbps. I recommend do not use wma format until Microsoft fix these inconsistences between SDK API.
        I recommend dBpoweramp, it is great software.

Comment

Working...

]]>