title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mbid

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • royaltiger
    • Jun 2004

Mbid

I've got a few cd's that are not recognized by Musicbrainz, so wanted to add them to their database , one of the options for unrecognized cd's was to copy/paste a MBID, after a bit of research i noticed DBPoweramp added this feature to the ripper which i've used for a few years, but never thought anything of adding MBID as didn't know what it was basically. So I've now enabled the MBID option to ripper version 15.3 reference, but for the life of me cannot find MBID information in a rip I've just made, I've tried audio properties, Edit tag but I cannot see any reference to MBID in in the tags, one of the reasons for using 15.3 is the review meta with four database options which help to get the information correct as well as showing if Musicbrainz has the cd in their database.Not sure what I'm doing wrong, many thanks for the help as always.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Mbid

Which format are you ripping to?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• royaltiger
      • Jun 2004

Wav

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which tagging type is set for your wave files? Wave LIST tags or Wave ID3 chunk?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• royaltiger
          • Jun 2004

I didn't realise there was options, I assumed I was just converting a cd to wav and it tagged naturally, I've looked in my DBPoweramp configuration Codec Advanced and that says under wave ID tagging that tag creation is (default - List&ID3), List Chunk Position is [Data][List] , List Album Tag is IPRD, List Track Tag is ITRK, List Padding Type 'JUNK' Chunk, List Padding Size is 2KB, ID3v2 Version is V2.3 and ID3V2 Text Encoding is ANSI. I'm assuming this is where I would make changes as did't know there were specific options.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

This should be fine, in cd ripper on the meta data tab at the bottom does it show MBID in black?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• royaltiger
              • Jun 2004

Sorry Spoon I'm not seeing any MBID anywhere, the only place i see this is under Options tab under Meta Data & ID Tag [options] and enabling under the Write ID Tags, other than that I'm not seeing it anywhere, in the ripper profile at the bottom there is the display for Meta For All Tracks with the option to add new tag and adding a new Tag element still doen't give me that option of MBID if this helps.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

You have tried different CDs and clicked the refresh button?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• royaltiger
                  • Jun 2004

So I've done some experimenting, It does seem that not all cd's are giving the MBID, Ironically the cd I tried was a double album so I tried both discs with no result, thinking that was strange, tried a few discs some give the MBID, some don't. Also in the meta display next to where you have your profile of the rip at the bottom of screen, various cd's give various amounts of information on display, depending on where you retrieve the database

Comment

Working...

]]>