title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replaygain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hotsauce
    • May 2017

Replaygain

Does replaygain affect or improve audio?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Replaygain

Originally posted by Hotsauce
    Does replaygain affect or improve audio?
    It depends on which ReplayGain DSP you plan on using, ReplayGain or ReplayGain (Apply).

ReplayGain and ReplayGain (Apply) do not improve the audio.

ReplayGain is a non-destructive volume normalization DSP whereas ReplayGain (Apply) is destructive. Check these forums for more info on using the DSPs and why you might use them.

FYI, I use the ReplayGain DSP when ripping and the ReplayGain utility codec when converting.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Replaygain

Originally posted by mville
      It depends on which ReplayGain DSP you plan on using, ReplayGain or ReplayGain (Apply).

ReplayGain and ReplayGain (Apply) do not improve the audio.

ReplayGain is a non-destructive volume normalization DSP whereas ReplayGain (Apply) is destructive. Check these forums for more info on using the DSPs and why you might use them.

FYI, I use the ReplayGain DSP when ripping and the ReplayGain utility codec when converting.
      Like mville, I use ReplayGain DSP when ripping in order to add RG tags to my files. All my players/servers can use this info for volume leveling (if I choose to use this). In fact, the only DSP I use when ripping to FLAC is the ReplayGain DSP.

Comment

Working...

]]>