title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem ripping CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardBop
    • Dec 2014

Problem ripping CD

Have used dBpoweramp to rip/convert many files previously but come across the following problem for the first time. Been trying to rip to PC Francis Dunnery's album Vampires. It's a double CD so tried the usual offset function to put the two CD's into one file. The problem is that the tracks on the two CDs are mixed up...with for example some of the tracks on CD2 being tracks that are on CD1, this is before the ripping actually takes place! No logic to the mis-ordering either. I've ripped the CDs and then tried to "reorder" the tracks both using the ID tag function and renumbering on the PC file, but when played back the track titles do not correspond to the actual tracks that are actually playing. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Problem ripping CD

Originally posted by HardBop
    Have used dBpoweramp to rip/convert many files previously but come across the following problem for the first time. Been trying to rip to PC Francis Dunnery's album Vampires. It's a double CD so tried the usual offset function to put the two CD's into one file. The problem is that the tracks on the two CDs are mixed up...with for example some of the tracks on CD2 being tracks that are on CD1, this is before the ripping actually takes place! No logic to the mis-ordering either. I've ripped the CDs and then tried to "reorder" the tracks both using the ID tag function and renumbering on the PC file, but when played back the track titles do not correspond to the actual tracks that are actually playing. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.
    sounds like incorrect metadata being applied from the online databases at ripping time. I'd insert the CD to rip, and then manually complete the metadata info. Then do the same with CD 2.

Comment

Working...

]]>