title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Restoring profiles after rebuilding computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pincorrect
    • Jun 2017

Restoring profiles after rebuilding computer

My hard drive on my laptop (Windows 10) failed, and I had to replace it. Fortunately, the failed sectors were all where Windows system software was. I was able to scrape off the Users folder on the bad disk. So now I am trying to rebuild my computer with a new disk. I reinstalled dbPowerAmp. In my saved Users folder from the old disk, I found AppData\Roaming\dbPowerAmp\BatchProfiles, which contained the two profiles I used, for ogg/vorbis and aac. I copied these to the same location on my new disk. This restored the folder selections from the last time I used BatchConverter, but it did not set up any of the encoder options. In fact, it did not even cause the encoder to be selected (it stayed at Flac).

I then saw a post here that confirmed that these profile files only have the BatchConverter options. Where are the MusicConverter options, i.e. the options for the encoder, saved? I am hoping I can find them in my old user files and copy them to my new disk.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Restoring profiles after rebuilding computer

They are stored in the registry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pincorrect
      • Jun 2017

Ah, I was fortunately able to save the old registry files from my dying disk, and I can mount in as a "hive". While I could possibly export the old values into a reg file and import them into my new registry, it might be just as easy to set up the settings by hand again. But it would be very helpful to review the all the options I had previously selected for my two profiles, so I can set them up exactly the same way. Could you tell me where in the registry (under what key) I would find the settings, so I can browse the registry and review my old setting?

Thanks very much.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software >> Illustrate
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pincorrect
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
          HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software >> Illustrate
          Excellent. Thanks! (Sorry for the delay in replying--got home late from work past couple days!)

Comment

Working...

]]>