title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.asx file to wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hypnotised
    • Nov 2003

.asx file to wav

I tried to convert a windows media file from one of those audio sample web sites before you buy a cd. It would be PERFECT as a continuous loop on my web site home page. It says it's a .asx file. It used to be a .asf file. Who knows? Can I convert this little 10 second audio sample that's usable?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: .asx file to wav

Perhaps, try the WMA codec from Codec Central (you might have to rename it to .wma).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by hypnotised
      I tried to convert a windows media file from one of those audio sample web sites before you buy a cd. It would be PERFECT as a continuous loop on my web site home page. It says it's a .asx file. It used to be a .asf file. Who knows? Can I convert this little 10 second audio sample that's usable?
      Have you tried to use ASFrecorder? (Easy find on Google) it would save it (the ASX) to your local HDD as a ASF, you could then use any converter like Blaze Media Pro 4.6 (shareware, but a free trial) to covert it to WAV, MP3, AU....

Comment

• Jack

Originally posted by hypnotised
        Try using DbPowerAmp, is free, is great, is fine, is complete!
        Just rename de asx files to wma files, and after convert with dbpoweramp.

Comment

• Unregistered

how to rename it??
          meaning adding the word wma after the file's name..

eg : o1.wma????

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you look at the bottom of Codec Central there is a extension renaming Codec.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>