title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Another WMA problem...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex

Another WMA problem...

I have the dbpowerAMP converter, and am pleased with all but one aspect of it. I am trying to convert from WMA to MP3, but the converter refuses to read the WMA files, and only acknowledges the MP3s. I have tried all the WMA codec downloads, and nothing works. In the configuration section for the converter, i have WMA8 and 9 installed for Writing, but they did not install under Read. I can output to WMA fine, but can only input from wave, mpeg, and cda, the same as when it was first downloaded. any suggestions?

Thanks

alex
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Another WMA problem...

Install the WMA Codec (version 9) to the same location as dMC, then reboot the pc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Nathan Marks
      • Nov 2003

Hi Alex, I am trying to make some compilation CD's with MP3 for the first time. Just a beginner. I have quite a reasonable library that i copied from CD to windows media player. BUT now i wont to rip to mp3. If you have some solutions i would greatly appreciate some advice.
      Thanks, Nathan

Comment

• Alex

Hey, i wish i could help, but unfortunately i'm having the same problem. i completely reinstalled dBpowerAMP, and reinstalled the WMA9 codec and involved software, rebooted my pc, the whole enchilada, and still no luck. the program will only convert TO wma, not FROM it. if anyone else has any suggestions for myself and others experiencing the same problem, i would love to hear them. thanks-

cheers,
        alex

Comment

• RossRoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2003

Are you sure your WMA files are not protected?
          Have you tried reconverting from a WMA that was created using dbAmp instead of Windows Media Player?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you run dMC through Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter

then open the Files of Types box, does it list WMA files?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by RossRoy
              Are you sure your WMA files are not protected?
              Have you tried reconverting from a WMA that was created using dbAmp instead of Windows Media Player?
              I used windows media player to copy the tracks to my computer, but they are not reconized by dbpoweramp. Do you know how to convert to Mp3??

Mark

Comment

Working...

]]>