title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naim Wave to FLAC and usable in Audirvana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Discman106812
    • Jul 2016

Naim Wave to FLAC and usable in Audirvana

Hi,

I am trying to convert Naim HDX ripped wave albums into tagged FLAC-albums using DB poweramp (latest version).

I do not have the Naim HDX anymore. The wave files are structured in Artist / Album folders. The issue is that Audirvana (latest version) does not recon the result as an "album" and therefore also does not apply the folder.jpg

Following advise I have found in an earlier post on this forum, I am using the following settings while converting wave to flac:
    • [origpath][origfilename]
    • Folder.jpg preserve
    • ID Tag processing (with import from folder.jpg and no other settings)

Obviously, this does not fully work and is not sufficient.

Therefore I also tried out a new dbpoweramp CD rip to wave and CD rip to flac. Both are okay in Audirvana right away.

Issue is that there there are 800 albums in the HDX wave format to be converted...

What are the correct conversion settings to turn wave files into an album for audirvana including the folder.jpg correctly assigned?

Many thanks
    Chris
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Naim Wave to FLAC and usable in Audirvana

The issue is the files have no ID Tags, install the utility codec 'Tag From Filename' to create tags from the filename and path.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Discman106812
      • Jul 2016

I can't get it to work. What are the options in Tag from Filename? Is there a Howto somewhere? Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try this newer one:

We have updated this utility codec, removed the back to front and front to back options and instead always base around the last '\' in the filename. Download: <now released>

and after install check the help file on how you enter the values to match your file system.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Discman106812
          • Jul 2016

Correction, I got it now and here is for others:

Naim organizes in Folder = Album Artist; Subfolder = Album; Title = Track number + title and this converts into this setting for Tag from Filename:

\[Album Artist]\[album]\[track]_[title]

Two effects in Audirvana: The album is visible and also the cover is assigned correctly which is extra perfect.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>