title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

LAME -V settings other than whole or halves? (e.g. is it possible to use -V 4.75?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agharta
    • Oct 2006

LAME -V settings other than whole or halves? (e.g. is it possible to use -V 4.75?)

I'm wondering if there is a way to use -V settings in the converter other than whole or half numbers? I know I can use -V 5 or -V 4.5, but how can I use -V 4.75?

If I add -V4.75 to the extra commands will that over ride the slider setting?

Are the slider settings better tested than in between numbers? e.g. is 4.5 better than 4.75 because it is tested more?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: LAME -V settings other than whole or halves? (e.g. is it possible to use -V 4.75?

It will not override the slider, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Agharta
      • Oct 2006

Re: LAME -V settings other than whole or halves? (e.g. is it possible to use -V 4.75?

Originally posted by Spoon
      It will not override the slider, sorry.
      Can I make a feature request?

A finer grain slider with -V settings to two decimal places (perhaps activated as an advanced option) would be great.

I completely understand that keeping the slider simple makes sense, but would like the option to use, say -V4.75 easily.

I've been using dBPowerAMP since 2008 and used it to rip and encode about 3500 CDs, so I really like this software and would love to keep using it rather than using some other software to do batch conversions.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey Agharta,

is there a big difference between 4.5, 4.75 and 5? Just a serious question, not ment to insult you.

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Like Dat Ei, I too am interested in the differences between V5 and V4.5, when using the lame encoder.

Comment

Working...

]]>