title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't convert wav to flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobStr
    • Sep 2014

Can't convert wav to flac

I've been using dBpoweramp for years without any trouble. Recently, however, without having changed anything that I'm aware of, I can't convert wav files to flac. Instead, I get this error message: "Error converting to FLAC, 'original path & name.wav' to 'new path & name.flac' Error FLAC accepts only PCM audio source. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]" Any idea what's causing this problem and how to fix it? Thanks. Bob
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't convert wav to flac

Your wave files must be 32 bit floating point, which flac cannot accept, if you use a DSP effect 'Bit depth' you can reduce to 24 or 16 bit.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BobStr
      • Sep 2014

Re: Can't convert wav to flac

Originally posted by Spoon
      Your wave files must be 32 bit floating point, which flac cannot accept, if you use a DSP effect 'Bit depth' you can reduce to 24 or 16 bit.
      Thanks. That helped me fix the problem 2 different ways. (And that's without my really understanding what "32 floating point" etc. all means!) It turns out that, for whatever unexplained reason (since I never gone into the settings) my recording program settings were no longer set at the default. I didn't understand many of the settings, but it was easy enough to simply hit the "reset to default" button in order to create wav files that I could convert again. Also, as for the wav files that I hadn't been able to convert to flac earlier, I now realized I could convert from one wav to another. So there I go -- (almost) ignorant as ever, but problem solved. Thanks again. Bob

Comment

Working...

]]>