title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Power Pack won't uninstall from converter.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Power Pack won't uninstall from converter.

I am not interested in in purchasing the Power Pack for the Music Converter at this time.
    I uninstalled the entire program, hacked every reference to the program I could find in my Windows 98 registry, deleted the files it installed to my windows System folder, yet everytime I reinstall the Converter, the Power Pack is back. I had to download and install the Power Pack separately when I decided to try it, so why can't I re-install the Converter w/o the Power Pack any more? Is there a separate download for the stand alone Converter that I'm missing somewhere?
    I don't like and don't buy software that doesn't install/uninstall cleanly. Windows is bad enough. I'm very tempted to post a review on Cnet urging people NOT to try the Power Pack because they will never be rid of it if they decide they only want to check out the Converter. You are likely to loose sales if I do that.

I'd consider buying this program were it not for this issue.
    So what's the story? Am I stuck with the Power Pack for the Converter untill the next time I reformat and reinstall Windows?
    Will the Converter cease to function if I let the Power Pack trial expire?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Power Pack won't uninstall from converter.

Install Both the Converter and Power Pack. Then Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Add / Remove Programs

Uninstall the dMC Power Pack item.

>Will the Converter cease to function if I let the Power Pack trial expire?

If you look in the dMC Configuration page, even though you have uninstalled the Power Pack, it will still count down the days to expire. When it expires only the Power Pack features will be removed, since you have uninstalled the Power Pack you will not notice anything.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>