title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lame version in dBpowerAMP?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nospam
    • Dec 2002

Lame version in dBpowerAMP?

I recently encoded some MP3s using Total Recorder and Lame 3.93. The pop-up info box on these files indicates they were encoded in Lame 3.93, which is correct.

However, wave, WMA, or any other file I have converted to MP3 in dBpowerAMP display as Lame 3.91, 3.92 and a few as 3.93. Why the strange behaviour? All were converted using the same version of dBpowerAMP within a few weeks of each other. Lame 3.93 has been installed on my computer since January of last year, so it can't be that. I thought powerAMP used an "internal" version of Lame.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Lame version in dBpowerAMP?

It should be constant, dMC uses an internal version. If you have updated the version of dMC then the version of lame can change.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

i just tested dbpowerAMP for converting files from 320kbps to 192kbps (CBR alt preset). but when testing the converted file with a tool named "mp3-test" ( http://www.maf-soft.de/ ), it shows me a frame-error, which wasn`t there before! i think it has something to do with lame 3.92 (the internal dll is from this version i think), which had a bug! so please update the version to lame 3.93.1! with this i whould love your software!!!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have you tried the Release 10 Gold from 'Beta' on this forum, I thought I was on 3.93
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

i just tested it. yes, it is lame 3.93, but the frame-error is still there! hmmm, it must be a bug in dbpoweramp. i don`t think, that anyone will hear this little frame-error, but it`s always there, when i convert an mp3! please download the test-soft and try it out for yourself!

Thank you!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is likely that the testing program is at fault, Lame is very wide spread - and I have nothing to do with the writing of the data (just pass in the data to be encoded, lame encodes and writes to disk).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

okay! thanks for the fast answer! anyway, please be shure to use the lame 3.93.1 and NOT 3.93. you can find it here:

direct link:

please keep up the great work!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Ok thanks for the pointer.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...